Tips from Chef Richard Blais on cooking memorable holiday recipes that will become new traditions in your family.
As a chef, it’s important for me to make sure my recipes taste great. I’m also always looking for ways to make dishes nutritious without sacrificing taste. What better time to have this mindset than the holidays. With its creamy, rich texture, fresh taste, and at least 80% less fat than regular mayonnaise, sour cream or cream cheese, Dannon® Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt offers endless ways to shake up, lighten up and modernize some of our favorite traditional holiday foods.
Here are some of my tips on how to incorporate this tasty addition to your holiday traditions:
Chef Richard Blais’ Tips for Cooking with Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat Yogurt
• Swap out the dollop of regular sour cream on your mashed potatoes with Dannon Oikos® Greek nonfat yogurt for a nutritious and creamy-thick taste.
• Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt is a great addition to any casserole; the nonfat greek yogurt provides calcium that acts as a binder.
Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt can be used in dips and dressings as a substitute for regular mayonnaise or sour cream to provide a nutritious twist to your recipe
• Use Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt in marinades – it’s a great tenderizer!
• A holiday meal isn’t complete without dessert! Whether you’re making a spiced apple cake, or a creamy cheese cake, Dannon Oikos Greek nonfat yogurt is a great substitution for some holiday staple ingredients such as oil, butter, cream cheese or ricotta cheese.
• If incorporating yogurt when cooking, avoid using aluminum products – the acidity of yogurt can react negatively with aluminum.
for more information
“Like” us on Facebook: www.Facebook.com/oikos